White Event Production Ltd are committed to protecting you and any information that we collect about you.
By using our social media channels and providing us with, or posting personal information to our social media channels you are agreeing that you accept these terms. If you disagree with any of these terms you should not access our social media channels.
When accessing our social media channels, cookies will be used by these third-party providers. Cookies are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to the device you use when you visit a website.
Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies perform lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your preferences and generally improving your online experience.
For information about the cookies that White Event Production Ltd use, we strongly suggest that you read our cookies policy. The external social media platforms may also be using cookies which will be subject to their own terms and conditions.
Information that we collect and how it will be used
When you use any of our social media channels we may record and retain information (anonymous or otherwise) about you. This may include your use of our social media channels, our websites and the frequency of your visits. The individual social media channels may also be permitted to share certain information with us in accordance with your personalised privacy settings on those channels.
Any information you provide through our social media channels may be shared with White Event Production Ltd, and any third parties who are acting on our behalf to enhance your user experience of our social media channels, to provide you with responses and/or provide you with information about the products and services that we provide. We are always striving to improve our customers experience, so we may also record comments and opinions that you make publicly on our social media channels.
Please be aware that social media platforms operate outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), and when sharing your data on a social media platform you are sharing your data outside of the EEA. We will only use social media platforms that protect your information to at least UK standards, however these platforms operate outside of our control so we strongly suggest you check the social media platforms’ terms for more details of these services.
4. Because social media is always evolving, our use of it may change from time to time. As such, we will ensure that we keep these terms up to date by amending them here on our website, available to you at your convenience. These terms, (version 1.0), were last updated on 10th June 2020.
5. White Event Production Ltd is registered in England No. 07829190. Registered Office: 4 Danbury Court, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes, MK14 6PL.
External social channels
6. Whilst we have official profiles on external social media channels this does not mean that we endorse those channels or the companies that own them, or that we are responsible for their products or services.
7. If you access external social media channels, you do so at your own risk and White Event Production Ltd is not responsible for any losses or other damage you suffer as a result of its use.
8. The social media channels we use have their own terms and conditions and we strongly recommend that you read these fully to ensure that you are aware of these and comply with their terms as well.
Protecting your privacy
10. It’s really important that you keep yourself safe when using the internet and mobile applications, so please don’t include any account, logon, financial or other personal details when posting content on our social media channels. We will ask you to contact us via phone or email if we need to assist you with our products or services further. We will never ask for your account information or direct you to a web page or page that asks for this information.
11. Please be aware that:
(a) our social media channels are public and any contribution you make will be available for anyone to see; and
(b) messages sent over the Internet or via mobile applications may not be completely secure as they are subject to possible interception or loss or possible alteration. This is not within our control and so we are not responsible for them and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages or otherwise in connection with any message sent by you to us or any message sent by us to you over the Internet or through a mobile application.
12. For more details on how to keep safe online please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
Your use of our social media channels
13. You may not use our social media channels for illegal purposes or otherwise misuse our social media channels (including, without limitation, by hacking or impersonating us, or in any way not permitted by these terms).
14. Our social media channels have been created to allow you to communicate with us and about us. You may share and comment on content that we post to our social media channels, provided that you do not amend it and that you cite us as the source.
15. We will assume that any material you post to our social media channels is not confidential. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, however you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to freely use, copy, edit, alter, reproduce, publish, display and/or distribute such material for any and all commercial and non-commercial purposes in any media or through any distribution method.
16. When you submit materials to our social media channels, you confirm that you are entitled to submit the content and that the content is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third-party rights.
17. When posting content please be polite, respectful, relevant, accurate where stating facts and civil to others, even if your views differ. Your content must be your original work and comply with the law of England and Wales and any country from which it is posted.
18. You agree not to post or transmit any material:
(a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance, distress or inconvenience; or
(b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
(c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
(d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
19. You agree to compensate us fully if we suffer loss and damage as a result of your failure to abide by these terms.
20. The language of our social media channels is English and contributions should be made in English. We are unable to respond to content in other languages. This may mean in some instances that we need to remove material if we cannot be certain of its content.
Management of our social media channels
21. We reserve the right to contact you where we have received complaints about your content, and we may ask you to remove certain content where such content does not comply with these terms or the law. We also reserve the right to moderate any content posted to our social media channels. Where we moderate content before it is posted to our social media channels, we may, at our discretion, refrain from publishing certain material transmitted or posted by you. Similarly, where we moderate content after it is posted to our social media channels, we may choose to remove material transmitted or posted by you. For example, if we consider the material transmitted by you to be inappropriate for any reason, we may choose to refrain from posting this or delete this from the relevant social media channel(s) (although we shall not be required to do so). We shall be under no obligation to notify you of such decision. Further, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to all or any of our social media channels in the event that you fail to comply with these terms. Please note, however, that sometimes it may not be possible to moderate our social media channels and our social media channels may potentially be abused by third parties and therefore we cannot promise that no unsuitable third-party content will appear on our social media channels.
22. Our social media channels are used to keep in touch with you and they are managed by our employees and the employees of our third-party partners selected by us. We regularly update and monitor our social media channels, however we may not always be able to read all messages or reply individually to messages received via these channels. We will of course do our best to get back to you as quickly as possible.
23. Our products and services which may be referred to on our social media channels are subject to eligibility criteria and other terms and conditions.
24. Unless otherwise specified, the information on our social media channels is not directed at anyone other than UK residents. The information contained on our social media channels may not satisfy the laws of any other country.
Links to third-party websites or pages
25. Links to third party websites or pages on our social media channels are provided solely for your convenience or as part of the nature of how social media platforms operate. We do not control them and are not responsible for such websites or their content or availability. We do not endorse or make any promises about them, or any material on these websites or pages nor any results that may be obtained from using them. Any access of third-party content you choose to make is entirely at your own risk.
26. Links to downloadable software sites that may be available on social media platforms or third-party websites that are linked on our social media channels are not provided, endorsed or checked by us, and we are not responsible for such software or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software.
27. We do not guarantee that our social media channels, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. From time to time, we may at our discretion change, suspend or permanently withdraw all or part of our social media channels without prior notice. For example, we may do so if we are experiencing technical issues relating to our social media channels. You are in control and free to stop using our social media channels at any time, this is entirely your choice and you control your access and privacy settings through your account(s) within the social media platforms.
Disclaimers and liability
28. The following clauses exclude or limit our legal liability for our social media channels. You should read them carefully. They all apply only as far as the law permits, and in particular we do not intend to affect any rights you may have where you are a consumer. For more information about your rights, you may contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
29. Our social media channels may contain complex information. We have tried to make it as clear, easy to use and as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that any content posted by us is accurate, complete, or up to date. We will have no liability to you if it is not.
30. We aim for open, respectful communication on the relevant topics within our social media channels. While, where possible, we may conduct some moderation, we do not control and are not liable for content posted by third parties. Any use or reliance on such content or materials posted is at your own risk. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any content posted by third parties. You understand that by using our social media channels, you may be exposed to content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabelled or are otherwise misleading. We will not be liable in any way for such content.
31. Please keep in mind that other users of our social media channels who provide content may claim expertise or standing that they do not possess. You should give careful thought before following any advice posted by other users who are not verifiable as representing us.
32. No endorsement or approval of any third-parties or their advice, opinions, information, content, products or services is expressed or implied by the display of information or advertisements by external social media channels alongside our content or logos and we have no control over the content of such third-party advertisements.
33. We are not responsible for: (i) losses not caused by our breach; (ii) failure to perform or provide any services where such failure is due to events beyond our control; (iii) indirect losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these terms, for example loss of profits or loss of opportunity; (iv) loss or damage in connection with any third-party website, applications or software linked from our social media channels; (v) loss or damage due to viruses or other harmful code which may infect your device.
34. Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
(b) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
(c) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
35. If you breach these terms and we take no action against you, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these terms.
36. If any part of these terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
37. Our social media channels are directed at people in the UK and designed for use in the UK.
38. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in connection with these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant UK courts.